I noticed Ben came home with another plastic bag today. It only had one small item in it. I don’t want to nag too much about this topic, because I honestly think he doesn’t even realize it. When I told him he had a plastic bag in his hand, he truly looked surprised. I am writing this blog to go over some creative ways to remember to not take a plastic bag.
1. Wear a large button on your coat/sweater that says “Don’t Give Me A Plastic Bag.” Ben was proud he thought of that one.
2. Buy a canvas bag you really want to carry.
3. Put a large sign on your steering wheel to remind you before you go in.
4. Don’t be afraid to unpack your merchandise if they have already bagged it. I am getting better at saying, “I don’t need a bag,” right when it’s my turn to check out.
6. Fold one into a cool wrist band. Then you have it on you when ever you need it. Not sure if they even make these, another one of Ben’s creative ideas.
7. Think of something really bad when you go into a store. Maybe imagine marine animals chocking on the plastic bags that fly into our oceans. Gruesome thought, but maybe it will help to remember to not take a bag.
8. Go shopping with someone who will help you remember your reusable bag. In our case, I rarely forget my bag. Maybe if we can’t win this battle, I will have to do all of the shopping.
9. Guys can purchase this grenade looking reusable bag. It will definitely be a conversation starter.
10. You can buy a reminder kit that does all of the hard work. In our case we would have to buy the deluxe pack with the door hanger and steering wheel wrap.
11. Write “remember grocery bags” at the top of your shopping list.
With all of these ideas to help us remember, maybe we can adopt one and apply it to our lives. We will keep you up to date on Ben’s progress and if you have any additional comments please leave them in the section below.